4 things to know when choosing toilet/bath tissue...
1) Check how many individual units/rolls are in the case and calculate the cost per unit/roll
- Fewer units/rolls in a case can give the appearance of a better value if only the price is considered
- Calculating and comparing the cost per unit/roll will give you a more accurate read on the value being offered
2) Compare the number of sheets and size of the sheets to compare the cost
- Break the cost down by the number of sheets, if necessary, to compare price
- Verify the size of the sheets. A smaller sheet equals a lower cost.
- Short or narrow sheets drive down the cost because there is less paper (and raw material)
3) Compare the type of paper
- Embossed or quilted? Quilting/embossing adds higher absorbency, softer feel and additional cost versus "flat" sheets. They are more expensive because of the additional expense associated with enhanced raw materials and processes to finish the paper.
- Whiter, brighter sheets? Making whiter, brighter sheets is a process that needs more virgin pulp to produce a whiter product.
- One-ply or two-ply? Using less material reduces cost.
4) When in doubt, weigh the individual roll or case. That will help determine the quality of the product
- Some manufacturers will "cheat" on paper basis weight to drive down the price with a lower quality product. They "cheat" by offering a product with thinner weight or thickness paper in its raw material state.
- Loosely wrapped paper rolls can give the appearance of a larger roll but actually have much less paper on it.
What makes toilet paper cheaper?
- Less paper
- Standard roll - either a narrower/shorter sheet (sizes range from 3.1" to 4.5" wide and from 4" to 4.5" long), or fewer sheets per roll (these range from 176 to 1000, with standard at 500)
- Jumbo roll - either a narrower (widths range from 3.25" to 3.625") or shorter roll (varies widely - see above for standard lengths)
- Lower quality paper - less bright, more particles, lower percentage virgin fiber, lower basis weight/thinner
- Environmental certifications - these may add a premium to the price; the most popular are Green Seal and EcoLogo
- End-user contracts - for branded items, manufacturers may offer contracts at a significant discount for high volume end-users
Now you can get bulk toilet paper rolls at wholesale prices whether you’re at home, business, school, restaurant or any location with a restroom. You’ll love the convenience of buying in bulk so you make fewer trips to the store and save money. We use only professional-grade toilet tissue from major brands which means you'll get a better quality product than you can get at Wal-Mart or Costco at wholesale prices. We have no middle man so we pass the savings on to you.
We carry the most trusted brands like Boardwalk, Atlas Paper Mills Green Heritage, Windsoft, Scott and Cottonelle to name a few at discount prices. The toilet tissue is 100% recyclable paper and septic safe to prevent expensive plumbing problems, and clogged toilets. You can get standard size rolls, or jumbo toilet paper rolls that can take the place of several rolls. They're the perfect option because you won't have to change them often.
Regardless what toilet tissue you choose, all are available in bulk quantities so you can stock up, always have refills on hand, and save money. Shop below now.
Standard Toilet Tissue Rolls
- Also known as small roll
- Used in all types of facilities
- Available in one- or two-ply
- Generally individually wrapped
- Comes in 96, 60, 48, and 24 rolls per case
Jumbo Toilet Tissue Rolls
- Used in high capacity washrooms
- Available in one- or two-ply
- Not individually wrapped
- 9" or JRT Jr. (more common)
- 12" or JRT Sr.
- Standard Lengths:
- JRT Jr - 1-ply has 2000' on a roll, 2-ply has 1000' on a roll
- JRT Sr - 1-ply has 4000' on a roll, 2-ply has 2000' on a roll
- Regular coreless toilet paper dispenser
- Commercial toilet paper dispenser
- Jumbo toilet paper dispenser